FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Emily Reisner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
reSET Announces 17 Impact Accelerator Startups Growing Their Businesses in Hartford in 2020
HARTFORD, CT, JANUARY 6, 2020 –reSET, a non-profit organization supporting social entrepreneurs, today announced the acceptance of 17 CT-based startups into the 2020 Impact Accelerator. The cohort has four months to work together to accelerate individual business growth through peer feedback, mentorship, and one-on-one guidance from reSET. The highest rated companies will have the chance to compete in the Venture Showcase for an opportunity to win up to $20,000 in cash awards. All accepted participants are given access to reSET’s coworking space located in Parkville to be used as a place of business during the program.
reSET is greater Hartford’s only business accelerator that supports the creation and growth of mission-driven businesses. reSET’s Accelerator has graduated 112 businesses to date and recent participants have experienced much success, including customer acquisition, venture capital investment, and nationwide sales and recognition. In addition, social enterprises impact the city of Hartford in various ways including:
- creating opportunity for employment
- solving a social or environmental challenge
- building community wealth
- giving back through philanthropy or volunteerism
Impact Accelerator Alumni, Franz Hochstrasser, co-founder of Raise Green says “reSET is unique in its design and purpose, since it is set up as the only Social Enterprise Trust that we know of in the state of Connecticut, and that creates a unique place for mission-driven companies like Raise Green to pursue our mission of tackling climate change and income inequality through inclusive financing approaches.”
This year’s companies address a wide range of issues including immigration, education, sustainable transportation, and sustainable fashion. 62% of the startups are based in Greater Hartford and 100% of the startups are based in CT.
A full list of accepted companies below:
- Tip$ is a digital tipping service for hotel guests who do not have cash for tipping their room attendant.
- our World. Care 4 Your Own LLC was built to inspire growth and maturity, youth learning and career awareness through books, cartoons, the inspirational magic of music, autism awareness, puppetry, computers, environmental studies, clothing, games, and apps.
- Her Move, LLC Her Move is a woman-owned boutique recruitment consultancy focused on hiring women into critical leadership positions at growing software companies.
- Seedership is a social impact and storytelling platform to help local businesses deepen connections, grow and differentiate from the good they do in their communities.
- Outside the Box uses technology and minimized overhead to offer agency-level marketing expertise and support for a fraction of the cost.
- Raggedy Rob Productions The Each One, Teach One Workshop: Where The Journey is More Important Than The Joke.
- Flourish Bizcenter LLC Customized coaching and business support programs to reduce stress for business owners around money and organize their financial chaos so that they can take control of their cash flow.
- Mobility Bikes is an initiative that installs private bike-sharing systems in supportive housing facilities so that people can get to the places they need to, when they need to.
- Legacy Lineage is committed to providing exceptional child care and family support services through its Entertaining Angels Enrichment Center and partnerships within the Promise Zone community.
- Word Scientists provides early childhood educators with high-quality, affordable reading materials and professional training to dramatically improve student learning outcomes.
- Moving With Health Oriented Physical Education (H.O.P.E.) is an innovative adaptive fitness, rehab, and learning center that is partnering with social entrepreneurs, teachers, providers, and technologists to dramatically improve the rehabilitation industry so all people can achieve optimal recovery.
- The FunAbilities Company is the world’s first destination search service that connects people with accessibility needs to one another and to businesses that serve them.
- The Law Offices of Isis M. Irizarry provides high-quality immigration law services, given with compassion and care, tailored to the needs of each individual and family seeking lawful status for themselves and their loved ones.
- ImpaCT Training is a sports and wellness organization, providing academic and physical fitness programs to empower the community.
- A Spirit of Joy Organic Skin Care is a West Hartford based business that handcrafts organic and vegan skin care products, for all ages and skin types, while prioritizing usage of fair trade ingredients and relationships.
- Preppers Meal Prep provides a convenient solution to those who aim to live a healthy lifestyle while saving time. PMP offers macro friendly meals with poultry, seafood, keto & vegan options.
- Loxley + Leaf is a husband and wife team creating all-natural and plant-based fragrance products.
Village Capital Partnership
reSET has partnered with Village Capital to receive support as one of six incubators and accelerators around the country that will receive a free license to Village Capital’s award-winning curriculum. Each incubator and accelerator will adopt Village Capital’s unique peer-selected investment methodology, which has been proven to mitigate bias against underserved entrepreneurs. Each organization in the cohort is focused on building social and financial capital for entrepreneurs in communities that historically have not had access to capital, including Hartford, the Bronx, St. Louis and Atlanta. Funding for this collaboration is made possible by the generosity of Travelers. “As a small commercial insurer, we understand the challenges that entrepreneurs face when it comes to accessing capital and planning for the future.” said Tara N. Spain, Second Vice President of Community Relations at Travelers. “We’re honored to partner with Village Capital to help these six organizations further their mission of diversifying the startup community.” We are honored to be among cohort members Black Girl Ventures, Goodie Nation, Lunar Startups, MetaBronx, WEPOWER.
Kickoff Event is Open to the Public
Meet the cohort in person on Wednesday, January 15 @ 5:30-8 p.m. at the 2020 Impact Accelerator Kick-Off Party located at 1429 Park Street, Suite 114, Hartford, CT! Hear them each give 60-second pitches about their businesses, network with fellow entrepreneurs and social impact supporters, and enjoy complimentary food and beverages. Reserve your spot today!
reSET is a nonprofit organization whose mission is advancing the social enterprise sector. reSET serves specializes in social enterprise ― impact driven business with a double or triple bottom line. In addition to providing coworking space, accelerator and mentoring programs, reSET aims to inspire innovation and community collaboration, and to support entrepreneurs in creating market-based solutions to community challenges. reSET’s goal is to meet entrepreneurs wherever they are in their trajectory and to help them take their businesses to the next level. www.reSETCo.org