reSET’s Impact Accelerator catalyzes social entrepreneurs in the Greater Hartford area who are tackling society’s toughest challenges. The three-month Impact Accelerator is an opportunity for small to medium size businesses and startups to strengthen their business models and amplify their social or environmental impact. Whether you have a back of the napkin idea or $500,000 in annual revenue, you should apply!
Applications for the 2021 Impact Accelerator are open through November 2, 2020. Apply here.
What’s the relationship with Village Capital?
Village Capital in partnership with Travelers support the VilCap Communities platform. reSET is one of six incubators and accelerators that are focused on uplifting underserved entrepreneurs. Each of these organizations is helping diverse entrepreneurs in a particular geography to get the support they need to grow and scale.
Who is this program for?
This program does not require any educational background. Instead, we are looking for a people with great business ideas and the focus and energy to put these ideas into action. You are not required to have a co-founder, but it can be helpful to grow a company in partnership.You can be a full-time entrepreneur or have a side hustle, as long as you are looking to grow your business.
reSET is particularly interested in ventures that are:
- Led by women or people of color
- Based in or around Greater Hartford, CT
- Provide pathways for individuals to meet basic human needs including food, shelter, healthcare or social services
- Aim to lower the barriers of employment for vulnerable populations such as formerly incarcerated individuals or lower-skilled workers
- Build community wealth
- Address a specific and measurable environmental or social problem
- Authentically promote a message of sustainability and impact
Are there requirements to apply?
We are looking for ventures that:
- Have generated revenue
- **Exception: if you have not generated revenue, please demonstrate that you have made efforts to raise funds, such as launching a kickstarter, or have taken significant steps in connecting with potential customers or users.
- Can submit a business plan
- This includes explaining the value of your good or service, initial research on competition, and rough financial projections at minimum.
- Are for-profit
- **Exception: if you are a non-profit that explicitly wants to add a revenue generating entity to your organization.
- Have an Impact focus
- You have Identified social or environmental impact
- Intention for identifying social or environmental impact and measuring it
Please reach out to email@example.com to discuss these prerequisites so that we can work with you to prepare the best application. While interviews are a requirement of the application process, we also encourage you to schedule a discovery call with our team before applying. You can schedule here: https://calendly.com/sbodley/1-on-1-intake-session?month=2020-09
What is the Impact Accelerator structure?
- 10 Weekly Saturday Sessions with Facilitator
- Weekly Accountability Groups
- Coworking Membership
What are the benefits of the program?
- Identify & Measure Your Impact
- Identify Strategic Goals
- Create a pitch deck
- Gain experience pitching your business
- Learn the basics of raising money for your venture
- Develop a strategic sales process
- Develop financial projections
- Receive Accountability from your cohort
- Build Community with other entrepreneurs
How much does it cost?
reSET’s Impact Accelerator is free, but we do ask participants to consider making a suggested donation of $500. It costs about $5,600 to serve 1 entrepreneur in the program. If you are in a position to make this gift, we encourage you to donate at the Venture Showcase, the final event of the Impact Accelerator and reSET’s annual fundraising event. Your contribution will help the next cohort of entrepreneurs and ensure that these important programs will continue to serve the Greater Hartford community.
9/14-11/02/20 – Applications Open
10/13/20 – Legal Basics 101 (virtual workshop)
10/21/20 @ 6:30 pm – Info Session https://www.eventbrite.com/e/impact-accelerator-info-sessions-tickets-124344777577
10/26/20 @ 12:00 pm – Info Session https://www.eventbrite.com/e/impact-accelerator-info-sessions-tickets-124344777577
11/3-12/01/20 – Interviews and Final Selection
12/07/20 – Companies Notified
1/13/21 – Kickoff Party
1/26/21 – Orientation (startups only)
1/31-4/3/21 – Weekly Program Sessions: Saturdays 9a-5p + Tuesdays 5-6p + Workshops intermittent Thursdays (dates pending)
4/8/21 – Venture Showcase (date subject to change)
Workshop dates+times to be determined.